WHAT'S NEW & HAPPENING?
- December: Victory Lap for the Year!I - Lots of great activities Saving Yesterday For Tomorrow.
- 3rd graders across Livermore learn history using the Guild-assisted curriculum
- Those third graders also got visits from our HistoryMobile, and interpretive tours of historic downtown
- The Duarte Garage celebrated its Centennial, welcomed the public each month, and hosted groups from classic cars to the DAR and Lincoln Highway Association.
- The Garage crew made great strides in restoring the historic shop area
- Our fund-raising auction, Yard Sale, and an Estate sale raised over $20,000 to support Guild programs
- The History Center greeted over 2000 visitors, archived new photos and artifacts
- Our research library is organized and cataloged
- Many more hisotoric documents are available on the Guild's computers
- A cast of historic Livermore characters starred in a murder mystery and the Livermores were seen parading about town
- The Hagemann Ranch project, in its first year, has started preservation, restoration, maintenance, and supporting three other non-profits on the site!
- Start Thinking About the Auction - yes, I know it isn't until May, but are you doing a little cleaning as the new year hits?
Bulb's Web Page
DIGITIZED HISTORIC NEWSPAPERS- Did you know that historic Livermore papers are available on the net? Go to the CDNC Website and search by title for Livermore Journal or Livermore Herald. Thanks to L-AGS and DAR for contributing to this work!
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
The Guild's Board of Directors
meets monthly on the 2nd Wednesday
at the Carnegie Building.
7-9 p.m. and open to the public.
VISIT THE DUARTE GARAGE MUSEUM
Open to visitors 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the "old" Lincoln Highway, Portola
Ave. at L St. in Livermore.
to download a PDF copy
of our current newsletter. Click
for a menu of previous newsletters.
The mission of the Livermore Heritage Guild is to ensure awareness and protection
Livermore's rich heritage through public advocacy and by collecting, preserving,
interpreting and sharing historic resources for the education and enjoyment
LIVERMORE HERITAGE GUILD
2155 THIRD ST., LIVERMORE, CA 94551
� Copyright - All Rights Reserved -