WHAT'S NEW & HAPPENING?
- The Livermore Heritage Guild presents "DESSERTS AND MURDER AT THE DUARTE GUARAGE." (Saturday, February 21 at 7 p.m. ) Someone has been murdered at the Duarte Garage! Well, not yet; but come to our event and watch as someone is murdered while you enjoy desserts and drinks. When do you get forewarning like that? The suspects are all famous residents of Livermore and one or more has a motive for murder. Those with a sharp eye can watch for clues, question the suspects and little by little secrets will be revealed. Can you figure out "Who Done It"?
Click HERE for more information and buy tickets on-line.
- LIVERMORE HISTORY COMES ALIVE
February 15 and 21, Noon to 3:00 p.m.)
Visit our museum and HistoryMobile, take
a walking tour, enjoy delicious food, among
other treats. Click HERE for information.
- HISTORIC RESOURCE INVENTORY - Don Meeker has digitized Livermore's two Historic Resource Inventories (1988 and 2004) and made them available to the Guild. The pages are PDF and they are organized by some experimental Excel files. It is 1GB, so I'll look for a simple way to link to it. Still, it could take over 30 minutes to download.
- AGM Had a great Annual General Meeting this year! The Sweets talked about local ranch culture (which by the way was here long before Livermore became a town). The food was proper Western / Californio donated and catered by Flaca of Flaca's Chips and Salza with Don adding BBQ tri-tip to the menu. Lots of great food!
To those of you who attended our annual fund-raising auction, we owe you a huge thanks! It was our most successful auction EVER and included a specific appeal for restoration of Midway School which netted over $6,000.
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING (change!!)
The Guild's Board of Directors
meets monthly on the 2nd Wednesday
at the Carnegie Building.
7-9 p.m. and open to the public.
- VISIT THE DUARTE GARAGE MUSEUM
Open to visitors 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the "old" Lincoln Highway, Portola Ave. at L St. in Livermore.
- CURRENT NEWSLETTER
Click HERE to download a PDF copy
of our current newsletter. Click HERE
for a menu of previous newsletters.